Corey R. Payne & Beverly J. Silver. (Forthcoming 2022). “Domination Without Hegemony and the Limits of US World Power,” Political Power and Social Theory. Vol. 39.
- Portuguese Translation. (Forthcoming 2022). Caderno CRH. (Universidade Federal da Bahia).
Corey R. Payne (2020). “War and Workers’ Power in the United States: Labor Struggles in War-Provisioning Industries, 1993-2016,” Journal of Labor and Society. Vol. 23, Issue 1: 111-130.
Roberto Patricio Korzeniewicz & Corey R. Payne. (2019). “Sugar, Slavery, and Creative Destruction: World-Magnates and ‘Coreification’ in the Longue-Durée,” Journal of World-Systems Research. Vol. 25, Issue 2: 395-419.
- Winner of the 2020 Distinguished Article Award, Political Economy of the World-System (PEWS) Section of the American Sociological Association
Roberto Patricio Korzeniewicz and Corey R. Payne. (2021). “Spatial Transformations in World-Historical Perspective: Towards Mapping the Space and Time of Wealth Accumulation,” in Spatial Transformations: Kaleidoscopic Perspectives on the Refiguration of Spaces, A. Million, C. Haid, I.C. Ulloa, and N. Baur, eds., Routledge.
Beverly J. Silver & Corey R. Payne. (2020). “Crises of World Hegemony and the Speeding Up of Social History” in Hegemony and World Order: Reimagining Power in Global Politics, P. Dutkiewicz, T. Casier, & J.A. Scholte, eds. Routledge.
- French translation. (2021). Nouveaux Cahiers du Socialisme. No. 25, hiver.
- Portuguese translation. (2021). Reoriente: estudos sobre marxismo, dependência e sistemas-mundo. Vol. 1, No. 1: 26-43.
Roberto Patricio Korzeniewicz & Corey R. Payne. (2020). “Rethinking Core and Periphery in Historical Capitalism: World-Magnates and The Shifting Epicenters of Wealth Accumulation,” in E. Mielants & S.B. Katsiaryna, eds., Economic Cycles and Social Movements: Past, Present and Future. Routledge.
- Portuguese translation. (2020). Repensando o Trabalho, as Desigualdades e as Hierarquias: O Sistema-mundo no seculo XXI, R. Goulart Menezes, A. Brussi, & J. Dantas da Costa, eds., Editoria Universidade de Brasilia.
Daniel S. Pasciuti and Corey R. Payne. (2017). “Illusion in Crisis? World-Economic and Zonal Volatility, 1975-2013,” in The World-System as Unit of Analysis: Past Contributions and Future Advances, R.P. Korzeniewicz, ed. Routledge, pp. 50-64. (Online Appendices)
Reviews and Other Publications
Corey R. Payne. (2021). “Review of: Pacifying the Homeland: Intelligence Fusion and Mass Supervision by Brendan McQuade,” Journal of World-Systems Research. Vol. 27, Issue 2. 586-589.
Corey R. Payne. (2020). “Review of: First-Class Passengers on a Sinking Ship: Elite Politics and the Decline of Great Powers by Richard Lachmann,” Journal of World-Systems Research. Vol. 26, Issue 2. 424-427.
Corey R. Payne. (2020). “How do wars affect workers in the United States?” Work In Progress: Sociology on the Economy, Work and Inequality. June 19.
Corey R. Payne. (2019). “Review of The Great Leveler: Violence and the History of Inequality from the Stone Age to the Twenty-First Century by Walter Scheidel,” Journal of World-Systems Research. Vol. 25, Issue 1.
Corey R. Payne. (2016). “The School of Subcontracting,” Jacobin Magazine. October 25.